duplicate content

rluke

Hello all. You seem to be a great group. This is my 1st post. My site has several pages. Each of the subpages is a subdomain. My privacy and contact information are not in a common file, but I have them in each page in a division with a vertical scroll. My question is: Will I get in trouble with the search engines because of 'duplicate content' ? Thanks from the Skywalker

You won't get knocked for having your contact information on every page.When people ask questions about search engines, the basic answer is this: if what you are doing is meant to try and trick the search engines into ranking you higher, then they might change at some point to block the tricks you are using. If your site contains normal content and you aren't trying to use any tricks to rank yourself higher, then you don't have anything to worry about.

Is your name Luke? Luke Skywalker, my long lost son?Vader:)
Yes, that's me. I am out of retirement. But I am finding out that search engine robots are much tougher than the robot's I used to battle with. :) If anyone has any tip on dealing with these 'bots' as you call them, please pass them on. As of now, I just want to avoid any 'death blows'. -Luke

Archived