warn?

S@m

a moderator can choose to give you an offical warning if you break the forum rule. These warnings show up on this bar (10% per warning)(only you and the admin staff can see your bar) so we, and you, know how much trouble you've gotten into :)

What happens when you get to 100%? Do you get a gold star? :blink:
In another forum I once was a member of (the forum is no longer), one member said that he feels this is like experience meter, "experience" being "experience" in RPG sence :) . After that joke of his, others started joking like "Yay! I leveled up" :) .But in the end, a moderator rightfully said something along the lines of "When you reach 100%, you get... the h#ll out of here" :) .

Ah, okay. Usually when do you do that?
To sum up what aspnetguy said, and add something to it, we don´t. There´s just no need. We (the mods) see it, and the poster concerned sees it, the rest don´t, so don´t worry about other people judging you on it. When we raise people´s warn level, we´ll include a note on why they were warned for future reference.Any "crime" goes on your "criminal record", and stays there, to use a police analogy. :)Only one member here has been banned for reasons other than spamming, and then it was because of antagonizing posting behaviour, generally creating a bad mood, and trolling. After having been warned several times in threads, run-ins with mods and not changing his ways, he was banned. The poster in question had a warn level of 30%, so you don´t have to reach a hundred to be booted. Mostly like I said it´s a way to keep notes on offences. More often than not we don´t use it though, unless it´s something we´re likely to want to refer to in more detail later.And that´s enough MOD101 insight for today.

Ahh, okay. It's just so annoying to have it there. I'm a nice guy :) lol
We can always find evidence to contradict that, I'm sure. :)

I'm a member of another forum, and the general rule there is 'be nice or don't post at all'. Sometimes, discussions get so heated up mods have to edit posts to strip it from harsh language or offending slang (the stuff that would be auto-whited out on this forum).On that forum, I had several discussions with mods, even by PM, where we'd exchange opinions. You see, I can't change who I am, I can't change how people think of me. We're all semi-regular guys behind a keyboard, and I type whatever the ###### I think.Sorry... got abit carried away here. I'm the type of guy who carries an invitation to get banned, and uses it if a mod/admin grows to dislike me. I'm glad there's nothing like that going on here, tho. This stuff is usually too technical to 'just' have an opinion about.

I'm a member of another forum, and the general rule there is 'be nice or don't post at all'. Sometimes, discussions get so heated up mods have to edit posts to strip it from harsh language or offending slang (the stuff that would be auto-whited out on this forum).On that forum, I had several discussions with mods, even by PM, where we'd exchange opinions. You see, I can't change who I am, I can't change how people think of me. We're all semi-regular guys behind a keyboard, and I type whatever the ###### I think.Sorry... got abit carried away here. I'm the type of guy who carries an invitation to get banned, and uses it if a mod/admin grows to dislike me. I'm glad there's nothing like that going on here, tho. This stuff is usually too technical to 'just' have an opinion about.
I've had some PM exchanges after warning some members, and pretty much gotten them to see my point of view. I can promise you that no mod or admin here will grow to dislike you based on what you say/what your opinion is, however possibly on how you voice those opinions. It's unlikely that will happen too though. It's usually obvious early on from posting behaviour if a poster is headed out the door. To use a starwars quote/analogy: Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.I can speak for me at least, that if I start to show signs in my posting of disliking someone, it can be taken as a clear sign that this person is someone I strongly suspect will have to be booted later if continuing in the same path, but who has not yet done enough wrong to warrant a ban now. Frustration engenders dislike you know. :) Then again, rest assured I don't ban easily.

Archived