Who mainly benefits from validation

Html

Thats similar for my a level in the uk for ict. Everyone had to make websites for there work. Everyone was taught to do so using dreamweavers frames etc. But they should of been taught the correct way. I although I am not the best decided to use css/divs etc and got a A for whilst others also recieve similar marks due to the fact the teacher himself did not know how to teach it.I think thats pretty bad! if they were to go out into the big world and produce a professional site in frames for my company (if i had one) i'd tell them to go else where!!
For me it was Microsoft Publisher using office 97. This was about two-three years ago.

Thats similar for my a level in the uk for ict. Everyone had to make websites for there work. Everyone was taught to do so using dreamweavers frames etc. But they should of been taught the correct way. I although I am not the best decided to use css/divs etc and got a A for whilst others also recieve similar marks due to the fact the teacher himself did not know how to teach it.I think thats pretty bad! if they were to go out into the big world and produce a professional site in frames for my company (if i had one) i'd tell them to go else where!!
For me it was Microsoft Publisher using office 97. This was about two-three years ago.

Woah? Triple post?Anyway I jumped straight into XHTML and CSS when I started web programming. The site author was a stickler for proper use of tags and valid code. His site is not up any more, Web Tricks Central, but boy did he pound standard code into every lesson. Looking back, when I formally took lessons at my high school using www.jweb-edu.org (the password and user name are "guest" if you wanna check it out) it was purely old HTML. I was all using styles sheets and everything on the first day, even though I wasn't supposed to. I wouldn't say that learning experience wasn't bad, but it wasn't profound either.Also, just to throw my voice up in the wind as to why you should see to it that your pages validate, even if it's the smallest page ever, is because not following standards makes you more alike to Microsoft, sans the richness. You don't wanna be like IE do you?

Used to be an HTML junkie who loathed usage of font tags and frames (but really saw no alternatives).Only when I was asked to redesign a website for some band I'm playing with, I started using CSS, and not long after that serversided scripting. Then I decided it'd be nice if the page would work on most new browsers and had it validated for XHTML and CSS.#3LL is other interpretation of standards, by big browsers.To answer the question: users benefit from validation, and clients as well. They have a website that works well in most browsers for the least amount of money, and designers can do an efficient job. (Yeah I'm echoeing Jeffrey Zeldman on this one)I'm sure everyone is aware of doctype switching? Browsers use doctype to decide which standards it should use to view the page.No doctype - quirkmode, because the designer of that page is either inexperienced, or doesn't care about standards. But it won't look as good as a valid css page, no matter what markup HTML you throw at it, and the designer will have a harder time making changes or updates.I repeat: separating structure from CSS is the biggest invention since the Web itself. Conforming all clientsided weblanguages with standards and using them for intended purposes only is the biggest invention since the wheel, as far as the Internet is considered.

Woah? Triple post?
I think it makes the statement more effective :).I just find it bad practice, whats the point of teaching someone something they will never use. If you gonna go out your way to teach something do it the valid way!

Archived