Most efficent web browser for html?

AJMackin

Guest FirefoxRocks

Internet Explorer 6 is the worst when trying to make your sites compatible with. This is because it doesn't support CSS properly, so it restricts the amount of features that you can use. Also, true XHTML isn't supported, so that annoys users quite a bit.Internet Explorer 7 did improve somewhat, but not a lot.As for Firefox, you shouldn't have much of a problem, and neither does Opera or Safari.

I haven't had a problem with Safari so far, so I guess it gets my vote. Lately Firefox has been giving me issues.

I would say that there is no "best", they all interpret HTML differently. Although, in terms of W3C comformity, I think that safari is quite good. The problem with IE is that much of its codebase is very old, from before web standards were fully introduced. So it has some weird things.

I always start coding my sites in Firefox and usually there isn't much to change to have it cross-browser compatible.It might be the experience...

Don't build a site using IE to test with, you'll end up with a site that you'll need to use a bunch of hacks on or change entire sections to get it to look right on other browsers. Developing with another browser first and then tweaking the code to get IE to display it right is much more problem-free.As far as which browser is the most efficient in terms of speed, it looks like Opera does very well rendering pages and running scripts.http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/browserSpeed.html

• 1 month later...

As a designer naturally i hate IE. I used to like Firefox but became annoyed with it because i had problems with the infamous copy & paste bug. Even though they have now fixed that bug with V.2 firefox tends to crash for me sometimes. So i have been using Opera recently and i honestly have no complaints so far with it, it's fast, not buggy and handles CSS very well

Archived