frames or no frames?

RivkaS

I think I have not understood the frames tutorial or missed something.... somehow, the frames, even if faithfully copied, won't show up... :) . Do I need to create seperate files for the pages that are supposed to be frames? Here I tried to simply copy the "trial-file" from the tutorial but to no avail, no frames for me....

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"><html><head>  <title>blablabla</title></head><body bgcolor="#ffffcc" link="#0a52d0" text="#0a52d0" vlink="#551a8b"><p align="center"><font color="#0a52d0" face="Times" size="7"><b>The Next Test</b></font></p> <frameset rows="25%,50%,25%">  <frame src="frame_a.htm">  <frame src="frame_b.htm">  <frame src="frame_c.htm"> </frameset></body></html>

I think you are missing something fairly big here. Ahem, let me quote from W3Schools.

Important: You cannot use the <body></body> tags together with the <frameset></frameset> tags! However, if you add a <noframes> tag containing some text for browsers that do not support frames, you will have to enclose the text in <body></body> tags!
Secondly, yes, the frames will display the browser's "Could Not Find File" message if the pages are nonexistent.

I think you are missing something fairly big here. Ahem, let me quote from W3Schools. ...
Haaaaa? Honestly, I don't remember reading this *gazing in disbelieve at that screen*... I will try my reading skills again.

Archived