Where do you get images from?

dimitar

Where do you get images from?I mean something like buisnies picuteres, home, everything. I need something like that for free.
Hi,Well, the most satisfying solution for me was to buy a digital camera and start taking photos of my local area etc. However, this does not solve the problem of, for example, business pictures. These are plentiful on the web, but not usually free.Here is a good link:http://www.freephotobank.orgThese photos are all free to use, but you must credit and link to their site. Seems fair to me.You can also use any photos from my site (address in my signature), except those in albums from other photographers, which is clear from the album name. But please also credit and link back to me.Good luck!Malcolm.

Hmm, there is flickr?
Hi,Indeed there is! I'd forgotten it, even though some of my photos are on there too.The problem with the net is that there are too many opportunities, and then one forgets...Malcolm.

Hi Everybody,More thoughts on photos etc.I think it is in all our interests as web developers to remember the importance of intellectual copyright. There are billions of photos, articles etc on the search engines - most of which are copyright. To blatantly 'borrow' these to fill up our own pages is, quite simply, stealing. We need to have a certain professional pride when it comes to these matters. When I started my pages, I was a bit free with my sourcing, but these days I don't normally even link to a site without either asking permission (which is usually gladly given) or making sure from the site's 'Terms of Use' that the link is welcomed.The same applies to using materials. The cartoons on my site come from a 'free web content' provider who has paid for their inclusion, and who sells advertising space to pay for them. When I write an article I check out the 'press' section of the company in question, and there you can find some pretty cool photos which they are only too glad that you will use. There are many legitimate ways to fill your pages, and it feels a whole lot better than just 'copy and pasting' the first images you can find onto your site.Let's be professionals!Malcolm.

www.istockphoto.comyou can buy really great stock for as cheap as a dollar an image. they have a good collection of stock videos that you can use in flash animations etc. i have also bought from gettyimages but i would recomend istockphoto

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone knows about istockphoto and the user agreement!can i print a picture and use as a logo for my bsiness cards etc,I ahte reading this dry agreement crap.If i pay for it, can i do what i want except for modify or claim that i am the original artist?

Anyone knows about istockphoto and the user agreement!can i print a picture and use as a logo for my bsiness cards etc,I ahte reading this dry agreement crap.If i pay for it, can i do what i want except for modify or claim that i am the original artist?
read it and find out :) :)If you really need to know the specifics of an agreement, its best to read it then ask someone else.Might be boring to read but it could be useful information.:)

Archived