Java Script and Firefox

xpsycho10x

When I use firefox i run java scrip and...A. It will not loadB. When I try to download it again it will not downloadI get an error and I try restarting Firefox and everything and it still wont work Please Help, Thanks Rob
Please post the javascript you're trying to run.

Whatever code you're using will help. New or not. Is this a JavaScript you got off of a site or what?

I think he's confused about what JavaScript is...Psycho, post the HTML (and any other code) from the offending page, along with the code in any files referenced by it (i.e., with <script src="script.js">). Or, if the page is online, post the URL.

you download it so javascript can run within firfox
Umm... FireFox (and all major browsers) have native support for JavaScript, you shouldn't need to be downloading anything..!Are you trying to run an ActiveX control? A Java applet? A 3rd-party library? Err...

It's an add-on towards firefox like you download it so javascript can run within firfox,I dunno how to explain it [...]
Well, if it's an add-on, it has a name. And you say you downloaded it. So, a good starting point would be to post its name and a link to where you downloaded it from... :)

Yes, that's Java. The confusion comes from a bunch of marketing knuckleheads at Netscape way back when...Are you getting it at http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows.html#Java?

Java PluginVersion: 1.5.0 and laterThe Java Plugin is part of the Java Runtime Environment. SeaMonkey, Mozilla Firefox and Opera will automatically detect and use the Java plugin if it is installed.Note: All users having problems with Firefox 2.0.0.x and Java are strongly advised to update to Java Runtime Environment 6.0 Update 2.Download: Java Runtime Environment 6.0 Update 2 Offline InstallerPrevious Version: Java Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 12 Offline Installer

Java and Javascript are completely different things. Java is a Server-Side Script. Javascript just kinda reacts to the browser on events. I have no idea if I explained that correctly. I know what Javascript is, I just can't explain it correctly.

Java is a language for creating client-side applets that run in the Java Virtual Machine in the browser, for creating desktop applications that run locally in the JVM, or for creating server-side pages using Java Server Pages. Javascript is a client-side scripting language for modifying the existing web page. Java is owned by Sun Microsystems and Javascript is an implementation of a standard defined by Ecma.

Archived