WARNING - this might crash your browser.

Eric

On another IPB2 forum I've been on, someone wanted to see what would happen if he nested [codebox], a couple is fine but he nested like 15-20 of them and it crashed the browser by just clicking on the topic.It might be a good idea to remove it from the list of custom BBCode in the ACP and just have [code] that people can use. Just incase someone comes along and decides to nest a bunch of them for fun

codeboxCODE
[edit] added warning to title per Chocolate570 - skemcin

you mean like this - there are 60 here:

HI
CODE
CODE
CODE
CODE
CODE
CODE
CODE
CODE
CODE
CODE
CODE
CODE
CODE
CODE
CODE
CODE
CODE
CODE
CODE
CODE
CODE
CODE
CODE
CODE
CODE
CODE
CODE
CODE
CODE
CODE
Doesn't seem to effect any of my browsers.:)

Me neither. But what

sometimes does to me, is that when I sit somewhere they don't have Opera (like at school), I have to use IE. And where [code] would normally force the text to wrap and start a new line, [codebox] will stretch the screen ALOT, before it finally sets scroll. Only in IE, ladies and gentlemen, only in IE... :)Still, something should be done with the max width and height of the [codebox] element.Oh wait, there's the problem. I guess IE doesn't support max-height or min-height... 

Wow, thanks. You could have warned people that you might crash their browsers. GRRRRRR.....I can make that code again, but really.... :)I can safely tell you that it crashes 1.0.5 firefox windows xp. Can we PLEASE remove this topic?