add record error??

dennisa

I tried to add record to my database, but I got this kind of error>>Error Type:Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005)Operation must use an updateable query./web_nilai/add_confirm.asp, line 10what am I suppose to do with my code?? or is there any mistake in my database?this is the html code:<html><body><h1>add_record</h1><hr><form method="POST" action="add_confirm.asp">nip <input type="text" name="nip"><p>nama <input type="text" name="nama"><p><input type="submit" value="add"></form></body></html>this is the asp code:<html><body><h1>add_confirm</h1><hr><%set conn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")conn.Provider= "Microsoft.JET.OLEDB.4.0"conn.open server.mappath("kelas.mdb")conn.execute "insert into Tnama(nip,nama) values('"&request.form("nip")&"','"&request.form("nama")&"')"conn.closeset conn=nothing%></body></html>my database is created by microsoft access 2000, database name = kelas.mdbtabel name = tnamafields = - nip(text) primary key- nama(text) primary keyplease tell me where is my mistake...

Error Type:Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005)Operation must use an updateable query./web_nilai/add_confirm.asp, line 10
That means the DB is not updateble... duh ... :) ok. seriusly, :) check wether the db is readonly and wether "everyone" group has read/write wrights on it.that's all

It is a windows permissions error.Navigate Windows Explorer to your database file (.mdb). Right click and choose Properties.Click the Security tab. Make sure that the Everyone account has full control.That should solve your problem.

It is a windows permissions error.Navigate Windows Explorer to your database file (.mdb). Right click and choose Properties.Click the Security tab. Make sure that the Everyone account has full control.That should solve your problem.

:) I use windows xp sp 2, when I right clicked the .mdb file there was no security tab?what am I suppose to do?? I logged as administrator already...

Perhaps you forget to click on the properties firstright click on your file then propertiesand then you will see a security tab

Perhaps you forget to click on the properties firstright click on your file then propertiesand then you will see a security tab

:) Still cant find the security tab...but when I tried at another pc, the security tab appeared...how come??is there something wrong with my windows? or User?because, I logged as Administrator already...any idea??anyway thanks to you - aspnetguy,akasha and netcracker-...the problem has been solvedbut I'm still curious....

:) Still cant find the security tab...but when I tried at another pc, the security tab appeared...how come??is there something wrong with my windows? or User?because, I logged as Administrator already...any idea??anyway thanks to you - aspnetguy,akasha and netcracker-...the problem has been solvedbut I'm still curious....

hmmm... this means u r not using the NTFS file system format... I just cannot remember how to allow permissons on FAT32 table... :) however, u might try disabling the "simple file sharing" option from "folder option" for one... hope u'll do just fine...

• 2 weeks later...
hmmm... this means u r not using the NTFS file system format... I just cannot remember how to allow permissons on FAT32 table... :) however, u might try disabling the "simple file sharing" option from "folder option" for one... hope u'll do just fine...

:) whoaaa...you the man!!I have forced my hardisk to be ntfs, though my disk is already in ntfs.... he he he that was futile....but when I tried to uncheck the simple file sharing... it just suddenly worked!!thuaaanks very muaaach!!!I owe you netcracker!!but I got another problem here...I will post in the new topic... please help me...!!