A pure HTML Website

remrow

A sister of mine came to me asking help making their project. They were studying simple HTML, so they hadn't learn the css nor Javascript.They asked me to make a simple HTML project about their school.For me i first thought it would be an easy task, just use the HTML and i am done. But really getting into it i found it harder to use just the HTML and nothing else. But i went on and have made a preety good HTML project for them with only HTML. But it really hard to work with HTML so i couldn't stop myself using a small CSS,

style="background:url(files/back6.jpg) bottom right no-repeat;"

it was what i used. Except this line on every page everything else on the website is purely HTML only.Here's what i have made.http://users2.titanichost.com/chanchali/mvayou can also download the whole website herehttp://users2.titanichost.com/chanchali/mva.zip just click the save target as.I've used a colour sheme of light blue.It is the use of plain HTML and some pictures, so the design may not be prettier but i have used the best i can.External link: http://likeweb.blogspot.com

Congratulations on your project, and best of wishes to all of the students, too.Although you have accomplished the task as you set out to do, be reminded that the use of tables is not current technology. Nor is the use of Font/center, etc. As a challenge to you, can you duplicate this site without the deprecated tags and without the tables? Of course, you should use an external css file.

What's your question? If you're trying to duplicate that CSS in HTML, there's not a way in HTML to set the repeating or positioning of a background image.
It is not a question. I tried to show is it working with just the use of HTML only. I hope you will share your experience.
Although you have accomplished the task as you set out to do, be reminded that the use of tables is not current technology. Nor is the use of Font/center, etc.
ya the table, font tag is not the current technology. You might be suggesting to use the layers; but by using the layers i would be forced to implement the css which violates the use of HTML only as i said.i have already used 1 css tag i don't want to use any more.But i will be creating the dynamic format of it.

I tried to show is it working with just the use of HTML only. I hope you will share your experience.
My experiences have taught me that HTML-only sites are a real pain to maintain or make changes to. That's one of the reasons why we have CSS. If your client said that they wanted the font to be black instead of blue, for instance, you would have to make several changes. Or if they wanted the links to change color when you hover over them, that's not easy to do without CSS. With CSS both of those changes take about a minute. You're also using XHTML-style self-closing tags, but your page doesn't have a doctype on it. There are several things you use on your page that are not valid in XHTML, so it would probably make sense to put a HTML 4 transitional doctype on it and replace the XHTML-style tags. Validating your home page as HTML 4 transitional shows 18 errors, if I validate it as XHTML 1 transitional it shows 74 errors.

Umm...!yah the pages don't have the HTML 4 transitional doctye and for the XHTML validation. this is for the reason that the sister of mine has only began the simple HTML and me writing the validation codes won't be understandable to her. I usually use them with my other works though.

Well, my lesser-valid-HTML-educated friends always write really badly formed web pages, and when I tell them to make them validate, they don't see the point. For instance, one of my friends was writing a page, and I looked at his code, and he had lots of unclosed <p> tags - he was using them as spacers. I told him that <p> tags are actually not empty tags, and he replied "Maybe... but it works this way!".So, I agree with justsomeguy. Maybe you can have a talk to your sister's teacher...

Yes, it is CSS. Specifically, 'in-line CSS'.CSS can be used in different ways. First, as in-line information to affect only the item which it is included with. (as per above)Second, as 'embedded' in the Head of a file by including the information within <style></style> tags.Third, as an external file. This is the preferred method for finished sites. Using a <link /> tag in the Head section of the Html file.

Archived