Gnarr! The CSS tutorials are useless!He

keturahuriel

[sOLVED]I don't really know how to use CSS, and the tutorials on here and three other sites are USELESS FOR ME! Please help! I need an explanation of how to use it. I have access to all and know some code for it, but I have no freaking clue how to apply it.

What is it your having trouble with in particular? No good shouting "they're all useless!", unless you can pin point why you find them useless.Explain what your trying to do and why you cant do this, or why you cant understand the tutorials and then we can help you in getting your css problems:)

Trying to reconstruct this site with CSS instead of using nested tables. Only for one reason- I think that CSS would be more effective and easier to manage. So, yeah.

The modern option to old-fashioned table layout is div layout.Divs are squares or rectangles that you can position anywhere in your document to hold content.The basic positioning methods are vertical stacking (the default) and horizontal floating. Each of these results in divs that are sized by and positioned according to content, so you never have to think about numbers.Serious positioning requires use of the CSS position, top, and left attributes. To this you can add height and width if you know in advance how big you want something to be.Divs can be nested in divs just as table elements and tables can be nested in bigger tables. This allows you to position a column of images in one div, while another div might just hold text, and another div might just hold background color and act as a divider.I hope that's a start.

Hmmm... But I'm using the div tag/attributes in with my nested tables. Is there any way to reconstruct/clean up my site's code with css and div? Because my nested tables are starting to confuse me...

Archived