Simple AJAX Problem

miffe

Why not try .replace(/'/g,"\\\'") instead.
That wouldn't work because all this is inside an echo with "" at the beginning and end, so using " would escape the whole echo and end up back in php code :)

It can be solved with a few more backslashes in the right places.
I took it out of the echo, and tried the \\\ method but it still doesn't work, same error. Bleh, I can't be bothered anymore... Instead I'll just do a TRY {} CATCH {} and show a "Not designed to run with IE6, use FireFox" message instead :)Thanks a lot for your help anyway guys =)much appreciated.

The original problem might have been caused by the center tag. If you're using a strict doctype, center is not allowed. It might be better to use standard elements and use CSS to replace whatever is not standard.

I took it out of the echo, and tried the \\\ method but it still doesn't work, same error. Bleh, I can't be bothered anymore... Instead I'll just do a TRY {} CATCH {} and show a "Not designed to run with IE6, use FireFox" message instead :)
That's a very happy idea... But you as web programmer, must know that most of people use IE; which means that you make all your scripts runnable for IE (specially), Firefox and other Web browsers.That's the curse all web programmers have to deal with... at least until everyone decides to throw out IE.

The original problem might have been caused by the center tag. If you're using a strict doctype, center is not allowed. It might be better to use standard elements and use CSS to replace whatever is not standard.
OK, I decided to give it another try... I am using strict doctype. Do you have a list of changes required to have it working in strict doctype? I changed all <center> for <div style='text-align:center'> but this hasn't resolved the issue.
That's a very happy idea... But you as web programmer, must know that most of people use IE; which means that you make all your scripts runnable for IE (specially), Firefox and other Web browsers.That's the curse all web programmers have to deal with... at least until everyone decides to throw out IE.
This is just horrid, but well... yeah you are right, it'd suXx0r telling my customers "Oh I'm sorry, my system doesn't work with IE6 or IE7, just FF".

I don't have a list of changes, but you can use the validator here:http://validator.w3.org/You can click the direct input tab to just copy and paste your code in there, or give it a link to the file online. So you will probably want to take the content that you are pulling in through AJAX and make it into a standalone page that validates. Once that validates, remove the extra <html> and <head> markup etc so you're just pulling in the content to your other application.

Archived