PHP Browser detection

driz

Please look at the following PHP code. It doesn't seem to be working, can you tell me what is wrong? Thanks. x

<?phpfunction browser() {		if (strstr($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'MSIE'))	echo '<p>You are using IE</p>';	else if (strstr($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'Gecko/'))	echo '<p>You are using Firefox</p>';	else if (strstr($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'AppleWebKit'))	echo '<p>You are using Safari</p>';	}	?>

I know JS can detect browsers really easilly, but idk how... try looking at this function and alter your code to follow itget_broswer()http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.get-browser.php(Wow, I didn't realize PHP could get that much information about the user's browser! I just sort of spotted the function when I was looking at $_sever vars! :))

Im not really a PHP coder but doesn't a function need to be called?

Please look at the following PHP code. It doesn't seem to be working, can you tell me what is wrong? Thanks. x
<?phpfunction browser() {		if (strstr($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'MSIE'))	echo '<p>You are using IE</p>';	else if (strstr($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'Gecko/'))	echo '<p>You are using Firefox</p>';	else if (strstr($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'AppleWebKit'))	echo '<p>You are using Safari</p>';	}	?>

Hey try
<?phpfunction browser() {		if (strstr($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'MSIE'))	echo '<p>You are using IE</p>';	else if (strstr($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'Gecko/'))	echo '<p>You are using Firefox</p>';	else if (strstr($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'AppleWebKit'))	echo '<p>You are using Safari</p>';	}	browser();?>

:)

Archived