PHP code

driz

From what I see it's just a basic login form.1. Choose how many login usernames/passwords you want2. If it's a few you can just insert them into the php file to check login, or if you want more then you can use a database like MySQL3. Create HTML login form with the required fields to fill out for the user, typically password and/or username (more secure with username, and easily customize based on usernames too)4. Learn about sessions and cookies5. Check to see if the sessions and/or cookies are set and the values in them meet with what you are wanting them to have.6. If they are not set, show login form unless the user submitted the form, then you will check the information they entered.7. If they match, set sessions/cookies, if not show login form or message saying they can't log in with what they entered.

I recommend you actually try to learn PHP. the point here isn't to give you everything done, it's to teach you and have you learn how to use web technologies (we're on W3Schools). This is a really simple thing to do, I guess you're not very familiar with PHP.Here's the PHP tutorial and This Section will give you a start on what you have to do.

bummer well i wasn't really wanting to create something over-complex, just something that could keep my site secure, and allow me to show selected people. very much like how the linked site above has done. can anyone please share code? thanks v.much. x

Read the tutorials at W3Schools, they are good for beginners, and you should be able to create a pretty basic one once you have read it. After you've done that, you can go to php.net and read the manual there to get a better understanding about php.

Archived