Google ads too wide

JC5

Not sure which category this fits in..maybe CSS or JS or HTML but here goes. If you go to devwebsites.com and go to search and and it will display results. It displays much too wide. I tried to make the ad 200 px wide or 100px wide and it wont let me it says it has to be 795 px or longer..any ideas on how to fix? ...imthinking of just rearranging some stuff

The problem is that we really don't know what you're refering to.By the way, in performing a search for the word "and" I got a MySQL error, this looks like a security problem. With a bit of thinking I could actually exploit this mistake. You should always put your values between quotes when performing queries. mysql_real_escape_string() won't save you from reserved words if you don't put quotes around the search term in the first place.

I assume you mean adsense ad's.They are specifically made by the data provided... go into your adsense account and make a new ad that fits. they have all sorts of ad sizes.Plus, technically, if you are altering the size/shape/text without their authorization, you can end up getting removed from the program. So just choose a new ad layout from the adsense page.

By the way, in performing a search for the word "and" I got a MySQL error, this looks like a security problem. With a bit of thinking I could actually exploit this mistake. You should always put your values between quotes when performing queries. mysql_real_escape_string() won't save you from reserved words if you don't put quotes around the search term in the first place.
Incorrect. I tried it and it worked fine. U may have been doin this search while i was diong maitenance....but i saw no sql error.... and I already refitted the ads since I cant get help here fast. I posted this back on monday and decided to just reapply...

It's still doing the same to me. And it's only woth the word and, not any other words.

MySQL error: 1064You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 3Query: SELECT t.tid, t.firstpost FROM mybb_threads t WHERE 1=1 AND t.visible>0 AND t.closed NOT LIKE 'moved|%' AND ()
Does anybody else want to confirm this for me? http://www.devwebsites.com/forums/search.php/

tried to search for the word "and" without quotes and got this error... (different than Ingol's last)

MySQL error: 1064You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 3Query: SELECT t.tid, t.firstpost FROM mybb_threads t WHERE 1=1 AND t.visible>0 AND t.closed NOT LIKE 'moved|%' AND ()

Tried in both IE6 and Opera 9.51. Tried at 3:21pm Central accord to my horrible clock.

• I went to http://devwebsites.com/
  • from the left navigation, I clicked "Search"
  • in the top left region under "Search by Keyword" I type "and" - without the quotes
  • I got the following error dumped on the screen:MySQL error: 1064You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 3Query: SELECT t.tid, t.firstpost FROM mybb_threads t WHERE 1=1 AND t.visible>0 AND t.closed NOT LIKE 'moved|%' AND ()

(at time of this post)I only see Google ads presented on the homepage and did not see any issues with it corrupting the display

I should have mentioned that I was replacing the search thing with the google search box righit under it...thought you would just use the google search box....nvm......cuz i just edited the site an hour ago n now the things not there. I havent had time to remove the search..

With a bit of thinking I could actually exploit this mistake. You should always put your values between quotes when performing queries. mysql_real_escape_string() won't save you from reserved words if you don't put quotes around the search term in the first place.
Not directly related to the OP, but could you give an exemple of what you mean by putting values between quotes in your queries ?One exemple where it's secure, and one where it's not, with a possible exemple of how you could exploit that, if you don't mind, I used to work a lot with php/sql in a school project and am very curious about the subject.If you don't have time/will to explain, a good link would serve a long way too.Thx

Not directly related to the OP, but could you give an exemple of what you mean by putting values between quotes in your queries ?One exemple where it's secure, and one where it's not, with a possible exemple of how you could exploit that, if you don't mind, I used to work a lot with php/sql in a school project and am very curious about the subject.If you don't have time/will to explain, a good link would serve a long way too.Thx
I'm not exactly sure how I would do it now, but the fact that it's reading the given input as a reserved word means that it's not being interpretted as a string.A normal query might be something like this:$value = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['text']);mysql_query("SELECT * FROM my_table WHERE field='{$value}'"); Note that '{$value}' is between quotes, so no matter what you give it it's not going to cause an errorIf you remove the quotes you might get something like this:$value = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['text']);mysql_query("SELECT * FROM my_table WHERE field={$value}"); People can put reserved words, such as "INSERT", "SELECT", "AND"... and it might have an effect on the query.This person's query looks strange to me. It looks something like this:First, $value has double quotes removed and interpretted somehow, single quotes are removed too. Backslashes are not escaped, which I was able to find that out too. And occasionally it returns LOWER(t.subject) LIKE '%something%'There is some kind of formatting to the variable I'm calling $value before a query similar to this one:SELECT t.tid, t.firstpost FROM mybb_threads t WHERE 1=1 AND t.visible>0 AND t.closed NOT LIKE 'moved|%' AND ({$value})

i went back and just completely removed the search link on the navigation section. I put a new section for search. when i made this search button I was allowed to choose the sites I wanted. I chose:http://www.devwebsites.com/http://www.w3schools.comhttp://www.devshed.com/http://www.dynamicsitesolutions.com/I couldnt decide what else to do =/ Anyway I understand the problem but thats not an immediate attention as the google thing is there. when im done some other stuff i might go into the search.php file and work on itEdit: What do you guys think of the ads on the right?

A normal query might be something like this:$value = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['text']);mysql_query("SELECT * FROM my_table WHERE field='{$value}'"); Note that '{$value}' is between quotes, so no matter what you give it it's not going to cause an errorIf you remove the quotes you might get something like this:$value = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['text']);mysql_query("SELECT * FROM my_table WHERE field={$value}"); People can put reserved words, such as "INSERT", "SELECT", "AND"... and it might have an effect on the query.
Ok I kinda get it, though I always used my php variables wrapped in '". ."' and not {}(for exemple '".$value."') when used in sql queries, are you still talking about php ? Is my syntax correct and more importantly, secure ? What would be the equivalent NON secure way ?

The ads on the right are fine, except I see in Opera 9.51 the follow bit of text between the middle and right columns.

Reasons why this site is
Don't have time to look at the source at the moment, but its in between the middle and right, and is in white font. I'll check back later and if its not fixed i'll look at source.Good looking site thus far, best of luck

<p align="center">                   Reasons why this site is better then all the rests:</p></div>

Thats the line. Maybe all the nbsp's are breaking the format or something. again, I'll mess with it more later if you don't figure it out.

Don't use   ...use style attribute or css stylesheetHaven't used in a while but what I remenber is that   used to break design depending on the navigator, much better to use CSS for that kind of things

is not a tool for positioning text.I do not like the two different ad themes - choose one. I prefer the top one as its font size matches much better.

i am swamped now. for you all using opera 9.51 I am at a summer camp and all i am using is linux's firefox3 lol. anyway i try to work on it some but what i hate is how the ads go a little farther down then the content stuff. I think I will put a <br /> in there or put some padding to make them equal in the center. If you want to go ahead and mess with the   and just tell me what i should put in place of that i'd do the rest man. then on the left I may put a section for tutorials and tip/tricks. ps.If you dont know what i mean by that just go to dynamicsitesolutions.com and look how he did it.

Archived