Problem Related to iframe

ashishrathore

hi ,i had stuck into a prob. plz hlp me outit goes like thisthere is a table in my page with only 3 rows and no cloumnsin the second row i am using IFRAME property and the source of that is a file that is getting updates after an interval of few seconds, and i have also do the coding like the page gets refreshed after some time(can be 6-8 seconds of interval)now the prob. is ---- when that file gets bigger there is a scrollbar in it, its ok . but when the page gets refreshed after some time ,then the scrollbar gets reseted and the data in the scrollbar is seen from the very first line.What i want is the scrollbar should be able to present the last line in that rowdo u have any ideas???How can i do that??-ashish

• 2 weeks later...

No, I think ashishrathore meant when the page refreshes the IFRAME should stay where the user had their scroll bar, therefore they have to scroll down to where they were every 6-8 seconds. The fact is, this would be hard to do in HTML. Im sure it would be possible in Java but as java is a much more complicated language, (simmilar to c++) you would have to be a very experienced programmer, and yes, this is getting out of the w3schools tutorial range.

Are you pulling this information from a database? if so reverse the statement so that the last info in is the first info that comes out, that way when the page is refreshed the new info is at the top instead of bottom. The reverse of the way this site works if you like :)