mysql_connect

sweinkauf13

Ok. I know this must be getting annoying to the people who have this set up right, but i need ur help. I'm having(obviously) a mysql_connect() problem. when i try connecting using php, it gives me the function undefined error and i don't know what to do about it. i have uncommented the extension for it and checked my path to my extensions, checked to make sure it's using the right php.ini file, restarted apache (got no error messages and server is still on). I don't know what else to do. PLEASE HELP ME!!! I've been struggling with this for over a month and am sick of this not working. I will give any info that you need to help me and answer any questions u need answered. I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP!!!,youngwebmaster

If you're using Apache, you need to enable it in the configuration file.PHP.net has good information on how to install separate packages. Everything I have installed on my computer I installed separately, but the packages are definitely easier.

I know i'm gonna sound like a noob when i say this but, php.net is way to confusing. i've tried to use them and i just don't understand them. I did not use a package install like wamp. But, i did not do a manual build either. I don't know the technical name for what i did, i just installed php, apache and mysql using instruction from a book. (PHP 6 by Julie Meloni And Matt Telles). I did what they said and i can't get php and mysql to play nicely together. If you can point out a specific page from php.net that would be great. Or ,(usuming you all have configuered this before), walk me through the configuration.Sorry, but i'm really not getting this,Youngwebmaster

The first time I set up PHP and MySQL with Apache on a local machine, it took me four complete install/tear down/reinstall attempts before I got it right.I would recommend starting from scratch with your installation, and just make absolutely certain you're following EVERY step in the guide you're using. More than likely there was one little (seemingly) insignificant step that was overlooked, and that's causing the problem.Not the easiest solution, but, hey! practice makes perfect, right?-Jason

Ya. I will more then likely end up doing that again but need to know if there is some way that i can fix it without completly uninstalling and re-installing apache and php? There has to be a way to do this. Right?-youngwebmaster

XAMPPUninstall and use XAMPP or WAMP to get it working first, and then you can play with the settings. XAMPP has never failed to work for me out-of-the-box.WAMP is good, too, just that I have never installed it, but it is as simple to install.

Does XAMPP have mysql already configured? And because i dont know much, are those packages including apache web server and php?

ok. i'll try that. I'll write back after i get XAMPP up and going and test my mysql_connect(). Thanks and ttyl,youngwebmaster

Ok, I have XAMPP installed and i tested the mysql_connect() function and it worked. Thank you. I know this is off topic but for the mercury mail transport thats build-in, how do i read emails that were sent to example@localhost ? I guess basicly i'm asking that and how do i set up this mail server?

Archived