Such A Thing Exist?

Kadafi420

I was wondering if such a thing existed. I am trying to find out if there is anyway to someone code a referring code inside .jpg files to find out if others are stealing them and uploading them to there site.I have a site where I post gaming news, maps, etc. and noticed some of my images getting posted on other sites. I want to know for sure if there taking them from my site.Can someone point me in the right place as to where I can obtain information on how to secretly implement my some referring code so I can check those referring back to me.Thank you!

I don't think so. JPG is an image compression format, it doesn't actually do anything on its own.You will have to watermark your images.

Well if you render you're image using PHP you could check if the referral is you're own site. If not don't render the image or render an image like yoursite.com only! It would be possible. But that won't stop people from stealing you're images as they could save it to their computer and upload their own copy to their host. Get what i mean?P.S. you can't place computer-code in a .JPG because the code is read by the image interpreter and isn't being executed. Unless you find a way to hack you're way into interpreter. Sorry not possible.

Steganography will work as long as they don't resize your images or change them somehow (even re-saving as jpg might lose the data). There are programs you can use to write and read steganographic data from an image, so you would download the image from the other guy's site and run it through the program to see if your message is still inside it. It might be more reliable if you use png instead of jpg. Steganography is like hiding a message inside the image data, if you have a png image where each pixel is 24 bits of image data, 8 bits each for the red, blue, and green, then you can use the last bit in each byte for your text data. The colors in the image will be slightly off, but not enough for anyone to notice. The program would scan through the image and collect the last bit from each byte and put all the bits together to form the encoded text data.

Alright, thanks a bunch guys. I will just watermark my images then. I was just hoping there was something that could be sent back to my host and I could check the lags and pinpoint where my stuff is going.
That's what that company does that I mentioned in my previous post. It's not free though.https://www.digimarc.com/mypicturemarc/how-...lt2.asp#console

Archived