Mozilla / Ie Differences

acrooks

Hi thereHave just finished a self-built website and all seems ok except one page renders properly uner IE 8 but not under Firefox 2.0.0.14 - all pages have the same "div" structure and all render fine in both browsers except this one.I've done a walk through and just can't suss it - anyone interested in having a look?The URL of the problem page is http://www.theturningpagebookshop.com.au/Contacts.htmlWould be greatly appreciatedAlan C :)

Your page has 120 errors. The reason it works in Internet Explorer is probably because it's taking advantage of bugs in the rendering engine.Here's is the validation of your page: [W3C Validation]Most likely the problem that's affecting the design the most is this unclosed <div> tag:

<h1><div align="center">Who We Are</h1>

Thanks a lot - the last time I wrote html was 10 years ago - obviously a bit of homework to do!If I fix the errors will IE8 continue to work ok?Alan C

Your page has 120 errors. The reason it works in Internet Explorer is probably because it's taking advantage of bugs in the rendering engine.Here's is the validation of your page: [W3C Validation]Most likely the problem that's affecting the design the most is this unclosed <div> tag:
<h1><div align="center">Who We Are</h1>

putting in a closing </div> still! won't make it validate, as you would have a block element inside a inline element, which is not allowed.
But <h1> is a block element, though yes, the <div> wouldn't be allowed in it, but for other reasons.

yea! you are right, a div block element can contain other block elements, as well as inline, whereas headings, paragraphs cannot.
thanks all - have now reviewed all code and got a pass on each page from the validator

Archived