Links To Files On Internet Server

cit

In a php page I want to set up links to files, with file extensions ".txt",".pdf" and ".xls". The files is located on the companys server. I am developing this PHP page on a PC with WAMP installed. My attempts to do this :) failed: echo "<BR><a href=\"http://localhost/W://Market/list.txt\">List.txt</a>"; echo "<BR><a href='file:///W:/Market/list.txt'>List.txt</a>";Do you have a suggestion to make such links work?

The localhost domain points to a specific folder. You can't just access your whole computer with it. You can only access the www directory that's in WAMP. Put all the files you're going to use under [C or D or F or W ...]:/wamp/www/

PHP would be able to access those files though, so you could develop a script where you pass the filename to PHP, which would go get it from the network and return it. It would be a major security problem to give anyone access to any file they typed in, but you could do it. You could also filter filenames to only return files with certain extensions.

Archived