How To Create A Borderless Window?

thesoundsmith

I want my "DashRadio" page to open and play songs from an XML playlist. The window has a Close button, I want the window to have no title bar, scrollbars, menu bar, etc. Just a rectanle with the content.Every code snippet I have trie uses the window.open method, and FirefFox displays a standard html page, even if they code is advertised as 'borderless.' Apparently there have been revisions to the browser since the code was released.How can i create a simple, borderless window? I'm not looking to do anything unethical, just lpok pretty..You can see the page I'm tying to create at my home page,. click on the upper left menu link to "DashRadio"Thanks.

It's up to the user to decide what they want in their windows. You have to change that in your browser settings. By default, the browser will never hide the address bar or the status bar.

You would have to create a "fake" window using Javascript if you really want full control, instead of using window.open. Something like this:http://www.extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/window/hello.htmlThat's not an actual browser window, that's a series of divs and things floated over the page. Your window could include an iframe where you load your other page into.

That's an interesting idea, justsomeguy, but the purpose is to have an independent window with random music playing while the viewer looks at other pages on the site. My window opens -20 to the left to be visible but out of the way. I guess I'm stuck with the bars...OTOH, thanks for an interesting idea, it may have solved another thing I want to do... :)

Archived