WAMP Setup

ColdEdge

Hello, I installed WAMP Server, and after shutting down Skype which seems to be running at port:80 started the WAMP server. After all has loaded including Apache, PHP and MySQL I was trying to access phpMyAdmin. But it resulted in an error + I am not sure whats the password for MySQL has to be. When I start MySQL it asks me for a password. How can I start MySQL? If I need to set up username/password where would I do this.. and if its default whats the pass by default then?- Thanks

I don't think there's a default password for MySQL. Just a username "root" and no password. I don't know about phpMyAdmin though.

@boen_robotThis is what I get when I open http://localhost/phpmyadmin/

ErrorMySQL said:  Cannot connect: invalid settings. phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

And one more thing how can I change the port? Since port 80 is being used by Skype

How about this part?

ErrorMySQL said:  Cannot connect: invalid settings. phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

Archived