Frocing width

user4fun

Here are two variations of a code, one gives me the result that I want, and the other does not. Can you explain why?This one gives me what I want

ul.menu_items ul#opslist li a , ul.menu_items ul#detenlist li a  {width: 235px;)

This one ignores the width for the #detenlist and only takes the width for #opslist

ul.menu_items ul#opslist li a {width: 235px;)ul.menu_items ul#detenlist li a  {width: 260px;)

I need to be able to set the width for each ul id (there are a few more.) I tried setting the width to auto, but it does not do anything.Here isthe code in a hole incase something else is taking over.

ul.menu_items ul li a {display:block; height: 25px; /*width: auto;*/ text-indent:0px; letter-spacing:2px; line-height:200%; color: #B7B7B7; font-family: Verdana; background-color:#5a4635; font-style: normal; font-size: 10px; text-decoration: none;letter-spacing:2px; background-image:none;}ul.menu_items ul#opslist li a,ul.menu_items ul#detenlist li a  {width: 235px;)

WOW!!! Where did that bracket come from!! I don't know.Last question! (Ithink)When I clock on one of the navigation (main menu) link, then click on the back arrow in (IE) a dotted border shows arround the image (on the nav bar) that I clicked, How do I get rid of that?

Archived