PHPBB2 Forums can't register

jblack

I'm setting up a website for a few friends of mine, but I am having trouble with the registration page.It won't let anybody register. When you enter all your information it just refreshes the page and there isn't any errors or anything from the from.It just doesn't take registrations.The forums are at www.rabbitsnail.com/rabbitsnail/Thanks.

I looked at your site, but couldn't begin to check it because there's so much we don't have access to (mysql tables, etc). The first thing I'd check is what's being passed to the POST array. Just let us know if you need help with that diagnostic.

I'm working on it. I'm not real familiar with phpbb. I haven't used it in quite awhile. I'll look at all the info.I can't figure it out. I'm not sure exactly what file controls the registration.I'll better explain what's going on.When you try to register absolutely nothing happens. If you don't enter anything you get the same result as filling everything out. It just refreshes the page and there is no error message.

right, we get it, and niche already suggested a good debugging trick, display the contents of the $_POST array. i.e.

var_dump($_POST);

at the top of profile.php, after the opening <?php tag. See if the form data is even coming 'over the wire' so to speak.

Sounds like its time to do some debugging on that page. One method that is often recommended is to include the problem page in a php file that has error reporting turned on. So for now, instead of linking to the phpBB page, link to a page called debug.php, for example, like so:

<?phpini_set('log_errors', 1);ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');error_reporting(E_ALL);include('phpbb.php');?>

and put it in the same directory as your phpbb.php page (or whatever its called). This should hopefully get some error messages displaying for you, as well as logging them for you.

The result:

[06-Nov-2010 01:47:11] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  avatar in /home/www/rabbitsnail.com/rabbitsnail/includes/usercp_register.php on line 202[06-Nov-2010 01:47:11] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  avatar in /home/www/rabbitsnail.com/rabbitsnail/includes/usercp_register.php on line 202

There isn't anything in the database.Edit - Here's line 202$user_avatar_upload = ( !empty($HTTP_POST_VARS['avatarurl']) ) ? trim($HTTP_POST_VARS['avatarurl']) : ( ( $HTTP_POST_FILES['avatar']['tmp_name'] != "none") ? $HTTP_POST_FILES['avatar']['tmp_name'] : '' );

so I guess $avatar is undefined. Time to track it down and find out where it's coming from and find out why there's no value for it.

Archived