upload and site map

gabrielebr

Hi,is there any freeware program capable to upload an entire web site into a local folder or into a folder of the web server JUST selecting the initial one ?I mean: i'm looking for a program that is able to read the initial page and all the links contained in it + all the other pages (opened by the link inthe first one) and their links...and so on. This will result in a folder containing just the useful files discarding all the files accumulated during the time that are not useful /linked anymore.More or less the same problem: what are the best freeware programs to build up a site map (again starting from the first one and finding all the related pages...)Thank youRegardsGabriele

same here...although I have a feeling the OP's question was misinterpreted somewhat.
I use filezilla but I can't find any tool to upload selectively just the files linked together.With respect to the suggestion given by The Scientist: what di you mean ? Altova ? It seems it is not freeware.Thank youGabriele

no, I was saying that I tihnk niche was thinking that FileZilla could do something that it couldn't because he might not have understood the full breadth of what you were asking.

I did misunderstand. Now that I get it, you could write a script that would turn a script into a text file that you can search for the relevant connections.

You can use any language to do it - even PHP will work. W3Schools has some great resources to help you, and the skills you learn will aid your web development career in general.

Synook's on point. Actually, writing that script would teach you a lot about PHP without the complications of HTML or CSS. In fact, it would be a pleasant afternoon project in problem solving.

Archived