Reset session

Utherr12

How do i log out an user after a period of time? For example i want for him to 10 minutes if he didn't do anything yet.Another question: does mysql_affected_rows() work if i have $select_aura_query = mysql_query("SELECT... etc ? (meaning the mysql_query is stored in a variable).3. Its ok if I dont create the mysql handle at all and instead put info in php.ini at default name password, etc ?

Just add columns to your table that lets you track how long they're connected and unlog them when you choose.mysql_affected_rows($select_aura_query) in this case.I don't for certain what you mean by "mysql handle" Someone else might or you can describe it.

3. Its ok if I dont create the mysql handle at all and instead put info in php.ini at default name password, etc ?
Only if you're not planning on moving your code anywhere else. If you want your code to be portable it helps to store settings like that in a common include file that every other page includes.

Yes...i'll be moving my code on lots of different pages.
No no... moving "the code", as in "moving all pages on another host". If you have access to your server's php.ini and don't plan to move over to any other host, it's not bad to store the password in php.ini. In all other cases, no.

No... i'm hosting my own webserver. And never plan to host it somewhere else.Is there a difference between $this->AuraHandler['$_aura'] = "" and unset($this->AuraHandler['$_aura']) ??I want to completeley remove anything that that element in the array contained.

Archived