Apache server by MAMP and using local host (php)?

eduard

Because it is most likely that it is conflicting with an application that is already using that port Ie (the preinstalled Apache), the same thing happen when I installed wamp NO CONNECTY TO WEB SERVEE, it was conflicting with IIS windows server, which was using the same port, and skype. disabling IIS, and forcing skype to use another port fixed this problem.I've got the answer to what port is used 8888, from the MAMP preferences, but STILL no DEFINITE answer on the document root from MAMP preferences.its no good changing the port, and using this new port setting, when the root directory is looking in a totally different location.last time then I'm off. it will get to the point where you will post a topic, and people who have already attempted to help, will just give it a wide birth, and ignore.
I agree with you! Also I wrote this before I assume it´s a conflict problem! Your answer is too complicated and I´m now too tired! Tomorrow I´ll solve this problem! (however NOT by these fora!)

Right! we now know the port settings, but what about my second question htdocs location, I know you are working from '/Applications/MAMP/htdocs', BUT! is MAMP?Where should I store my HTML and PHP pages? on the web site, DOES IT show under Apache -> document root (as shown in web site example) '/Applications/MAMP/htdocs' without the single quotes.NOTE: it does NOT need to show /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/test, this is to identify THE htdocs (root/ document root / web root / localhost) folder/ directory location.We have established that by your port setting you should be most definitely and absolutely using http://localhost:8888/myfirstpage.php, or if file placed in test folder http://localhost:8888/test/myfirstpage.php.Once we establish that the document root is correct, we can consider changing port setting for Apache, as i mentioned before, Mac sometime come with Apache pre installed and it is looking at this version, instead of the newly installed version. By giving a new port setting, it might not be conflicting with old Apache.
I finally found it why my Apache server WASN´T running! Because my keyboard is set to SPANISH and I changed Applications in Aplicaciones in the References menu! That was the error! I think it must be very easy now to run .PHP files! IT´S WORKING! THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

so all it was was because the path was wrong? Hmm.. if only that had been brought up sooner...... :)
Only? Strange? I hope you know they speak spanish here, not american english!

Only? Strange? I hope you know they speak spanish here, not american english!
That doesn't imply that your file paths would be different. Nevertheless, the possibility of the path not being correct was brought up, which is what thescientist was ironically referring to.

Archived