Fields or columns?

eduard

I don´t know if this is the right place, but in phpMyAdmin you have the possibillity to create a table with ...fields! Shouldn´t that be columns?

Again, the term "field" and "column" are used interchangeably with regard to databases. They both refer to the same concept. Any differences are purely academic.
Thanks! I know it now! I read thoroughly a post of thescientist!

What I don´t understand!A database can be called ´Products´ and its tables could be description, price and quantity?

no a database is just a name and like which database you wanna access ...........but the table have columns you can store your records in your database in a specified table in specified columnin sql there are three things u need for store your records 1 database2 table3 columnThe products is just a table

no a database is just a name and like which database you wanna access ...........but the table have columns you can store your records in your database in a specified table in specified columnin sql there are three things u need for store your records 1 database2 table3 columnThe products is just a table
Thanks! But I create the database directly in phpMyAdmin!So a company could have 1 database with several tables and each table has its own columns?

What I don´t understand!A database can be called ´Products´ and its tables could be description, price and quantity?
It could be. The name "Products" is just that - a name.YOU are the one who says what the name stands for.Tutorials will typically portray "Prodcuts" as a collection (records) of products with each one having a different value (field) for certain common characteristics (columns), all grouped under the label "Products" (table).In phpMyAdmin, you can create everything - databases, tables, fields. The question is what do you want to do, and that depends on the kind of application you want to build.

It could be. The name "Products" is just that - a name.YOU are the one who says what the name stands for.Tutorials will typically portray "Prodcuts" as a collection (records) of products with each one having a different value (field) for certain common characteristics (columns), all grouped under the label "Products" (table).In phpMyAdmin, you can create everything - databases, tables, fields. The question is what do you want to do, and that depends on the kind of application you want to build.
To take this example: You can have the database ´Company´ with a table called ´Products´ and this table has the fields: Description, Price and Quantity?I ask this because first I need to have something in phpMyAdmin will I be able to add aplications?

If i makes something wrong here ???????

To take this example: You can have the database ´Company´ with a table called ´Products´ and this table has the fields: Description, Price and Quantity?
To quote Obama: Yes, we can!It does not have to be like that, but it could be.It typically will be, because it makes sence.
I ask this because first I need to have something in phpMyAdmin will I be able to add aplications?
You don't "add applications". You create applications that use the database. Again: an application is something that uses (or if you prefer: interacts with) a database. It's not something you add to a databse. It's something completely separate.

To quote Obama: Yes, we can!
:)

Pfffffffff (finally, I can go to the next step (create a form)!P. s. Obama will be in Chile on monday (whether that I like it or not)!

Archived