column help!

jessmolchan

Hi Everyone, I'm building a website and I'm trying to figure out how to get the columns to reach all the way to the footer. Part of my problem is the columns are set to transparent, in order to show an image from the background at the top of the page. (The New Jersey silhouette.)Here is a link to demonstrate: http://www.jerseycookiegirl.com/order_form.shtmlI know about using an image as a column fix and I would use it, but the transparent element excludes me from being able to do so. Any help would be greatly appreciated!~Jess :)

and the reason you can't just use a 1px height png transparent image repeat-y is...? instead of background-color with opacity? which won't match the header image colour in all browsers as some render image colours in a slightly different tone compared to others.

and the reason you can't just use a 1px height png transparent image repeat-y is...? instead of background-color with opacity? which won't match the header image colour in all browsers as some render image colours in a slightly different tone compared to others.
Okay, so I was being a little dense... :) This is now perfect, except that the blues don't match…any solution for that??Thanks!! ~Jess

Which blues? the colour from header to column likes spot on? if you mean the blue in scrolling news update, you will have to remove the background color from the iframe src page<body text="#d03d93" bgcolor="#aae6ff" onload="NewsScrollStart();" onmouseout="scrollspeed=current" onmouseover="scrollspeed=0">also the background colour of table<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" border="0" style="border: 0px solid rgb(0, 0, 0); color: rgb(208, 61, 147); font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal; font-weight: bold; background-color:#C9D929;">and use the colour of #C9D929 for the border of table outer edge, and background-color: of header td cell with news and updates, this will now have no no background color at all within the body of this page ie transparent and show the blue bg image of columns only, through it.

Which blues? the colour from header to column likes spot on? if you mean the blue in scrolling news update, you will have to remove the background color from the iframe src page<body text="#d03d93" bgcolor="#aae6ff" onload="NewsScrollStart();" onmouseout="scrollspeed=current" onmouseover="scrollspeed=0">also the background colour of table<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" border="0" style="border: 0px solid rgb(0, 0, 0); color: rgb(208, 61, 147); font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal; font-weight: bold; background-color:#C9D929;">and use the colour of #C9D929 for the border of table outer edge, and background-color: of header td cell with news and updates, this will now have no no background color at all within the body of this page ie transparent and show the blue bg image of columns only, through it.
In my browser, the blues of the columns look off. The blue of the scrolling box is supposed to be different. Also, I've added a FB box in the right column…but it's not pushing the column down? Why?Thanks so much for all of your help!

Archived