Menu affecting content issues / Header text not fitting into background image

Teapips

Hey all,I've designed a page mockup and I'm now having a hard time programming it. I feel like I'm almost there but the menu keeps on being pushed down every time content is added to the content box and for some reason I can't seem to get the very top header with the phone number to sit in the blue box. Any help/tips is very much appreciated. I've been wrecking my brain on this all day!Site: http://tahnaiya.com/clients/tempa/CSS: http://tahnaiya.com/clients/tempa/style-example.cssPage Mockup: http://tahnaiya.com/clients/tempa/template-example-3.gifThanksT

The <div class="right column"> seems to me, would be better placed in <div class="contact_box"> under the form, they really need to be in the same right outer/parent container.You will have set the line-height: for the header text problem.Another suggestion1) You should not set margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto;width:980px;within the body selector, they should be set for the .main selector.main {margin:auto 0; width:980px;}

Maybe lower the text of the header so it will fit in the image? And why not use em instead?
em/16px=em

So why not change it to19.3125em?

When I try to lower it using padding it doesn't work so I tried margins and it still didn't work. I'm not using em because I need it to be exactly the same as the contact form heading.

The <div class="right column"> seems to me, would be better placed in <div class="contact_box"> under the form, they really need to be in the same right outer/parent container.You will have set the line-height: for the header text problem.Another suggestion1) You should not set margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto;width:980px;within the body selector, they should be set for the .main selector.main {margin:auto 0; width:980px;}
Thanks a lot! The line height has helped. The margin issue seems to be working too. Thanks for that!

I wouldn't recommend using Dreamweaver as a proper substitute for actual browser testing. write your code and then just test in a some browsers, cut out the middle man who's not really giving you the more accurate representation of your work anyway.

I wouldn't recommend using Dreamweaver as a proper substitute for actual browser testing. write your code and then just test in a some browsers, cut out the middle man who's not really giving you the more accurate representation of your work anyway.
I come from a design background so I feel like I need Dreamweaver so I can see what i'm doing. What other programs would you recommend? I remember working with a programmer that used a software that would automatically update the site whilst he was coding but I can't remember what that software was.

just open the file in your web browser and hit refresh when you make changes. Users aren't going to be looking at it in Dreamweaver.

just open the file in your web browser and hit refresh when you make changes. Users aren't going to be looking at it in Dreamweaver.
Google Chrome doesn't allow me to view php files, it just comes up with a download box.

Google Chrome doesn't allow me to view php files, it just comes up with a download box.
right; no web browser will just do that. that's because you need to be running a webserver with PHP installed to view PHP files. depending on your OS, there are convenient packages for that, called (W/M/L)AMP stacks to do that locally. Or you just upload it to a hosted space that supports PHP and just view your changes there.

Archived