Update Timestamp - Solved With Our Thanks In The Final Post.

niche

How do I get the the timestamp in to the expire_ts column? This query doesn't produce any errors, but fails to update with the timestamp. echo $expire_ts says "2011-09-09 14:41:15". The expire_ts is formated as "timestamp" Code:

$expire_ts = date('Y-m-d H:i:s',$expire);   mysql_query("UPDATE cookie SET timestamp = TIMESTAMP(NOW()), period_in_sec = '.$expire.', expire_ts = TIMESTAMP(' . $expire_ts . ') WHERE id = " . $id) or die(mysql_error());  

I changed this -expire_ts = TIMESTAMP(' . $expire_ts . ')to this -expire_ts = TIMESTAMP(' $expire_ts ')and I got the desired results, but how can that be? Why no concatenate in this situation?

You're mixing up single and double quotes. The query string is surrounded by double quotes, not single quotes. The field value should be surrounded by single quotes, so that's why it works. The original wasn't concatenating, it was putting the dots before and after the value in the query.

You're right. I was mixed-up. I just didn't know why. Thanks for the redirection justsomeguy.

Archived