A Visited Line Through Never Works For Me...

Asim

Every time I do a:visited in never works for me, here is the code:

a:link{color: rgb(198, 0, 0);}a:visited{color: rgb(95, 95, 95);text-decoration: line-through;font-style: italic;}a:hover {text-decoration: none;}a:active {color: rgb(22, 96, 131);}

text-decoration never works why? I like that when users have visited their links, also italic does not work..!

Most likely another selector with higher precedence in the stylesheet is changing the text-decoration property.
Here is the full CSS code nothing is changing it,
*{margin:0px;padding:0px;}body{font-family: Bookman Old Style, Times New Roman, Times;background-color: rgb(204,204,204);color: rgb(0, 0, 0);background-image: url('../Images/bg.png'); /* IMAGE FROM HTTP://WWW.FREEGRAPHICSWORLD.COM*/background-repeat: repeat;background-color: #155F82;} a:link{color: rgb(198, 0, 0);}a:visited{color: rgb(95, 95, 95);text-decoration: line-through;font-style: italic;}a:hover {text-decoration: none;}a:active{color: rgb(22, 96, 131);}h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6{font-family: Andalus;}h1{color: rgb(255, 255, 255);font-size: 50px;text-align: center;}h2{color: rgb(0,153,51);}h3{color: rgb(204,51,51);}h4{color: rgb(51,0,204);}h5{color: rgb(0,153,51);}h6{color: rgb(204,51,51);}.article_margin{margin-left: 20px;margin-top: 20px;}.aside_margin{margin-top: 20px;margin-left: 20px;}

I use Chrome btw..

It does not work in safari, FF or chrome, and i found this

Both the next release versions of Gecko (tentatively named Firefox 3.7) andWebKit (Safari 5) will implement changes to the handling of the :visitedpseudo-class. Google Chrome will, I suppose, also implement this.In short, those browsers will limit the ways the a:visited state can be styled.Color, background-color, and to some extend, outline, border are not affected,as long as you don't use alpha-transparency (rgba()), change the border-style orborder-width, etc. Other changes will be ignored and fall back to what isspecified for the a:link state.
This was brought up over a year ago before, and I knew it was being implemented by Firefox, looks like other browser are following.

Archived