innerHTML question

astralaaron

hi I am just a little confused and can't seem to ask the question right on google to get the answer. When my page loads I have 1 AJAX call made and then populate a div with a paragraph and a link. My question is whether or not search engines will be seeing that content? and if not is there a way to make it read or do I need to document.write instead?

Google might be able to see, I'm not sure. But don't count on it. document.write() wouldn't be much better. If it's Javascript, it's not going to be readable by some people and possibly by many search engines.Javascript and AJAX should be used as a convenience and your site should be readable in the case that the viewer can't use Javascript.

Google cannot read JavaScript triggered content, If you can use server script to provide the whole content temporary, by hiding the areas of content you don't want viewed yet! by using display none; so then google can then get a snap shot of this, before ajax is triggered and overwrites this, then yes it will. but it depends how you use ajax, and what content it is used to display.

Archived