JQuery

phpnoob

Sure it doesn't break any rules. It fits right into the JavaScript forum.Just keep in mind that when using any library or framework, you're limiting the number of people who may answer your questions, since you not only require people to know the language, but the library/framework too. jQuery is a popular one though, so you're probably going to get answers should you encounter problems.

Sure it doesn't break any rules. It fits right into the JavaScript forum. Just keep in mind that when using any library or framework, you're limiting the number of people who may answer your questions, since you not only require people to know the language, but the library/framework too. jQuery is a popular one though, so you're probably going to get answers should you encounter problems.
i read the main forum note "Issues related to building and deploying JavaScript." it say only issues, so that why i say that :)1 more thing, i want to know, I was check w3school, and i see it use JQuery 1.4.2 version, and all tutorials it use that pack, if i add another version, it will works on that tutorials codes?

Each version has features to that specific version and above versions, if you use a feature that is not included in that version/s, obviously that won't work and probably throw up saying so. So you would have to update to the latest version, which should be backward compatible to previous versions, or a version that supports the feature you are attempting to use.

Each version has features to that specific version and above versions, if you use a feature that is not included in that version/s, obviously that won't work and probably throw up saying so. So you would have to update to the latest version, which should be backward compatible to previous versions, or a version that supports the feature you are attempting to use.
and no slow down? i read some1, it can low down the pc

i read the main forum note "Issues related to building and deploying JavaScript." it say only issues, so that why i say that :)
"Issues" as in "problems, questions, etc.". jQuery is used within JavaScript, so problems/questions/etc. with jQuery are a special kind of JavaScript problems/questions/etc.
1 more thing, i want to know, I was check w3school, and i see it use JQuery 1.4.2 version, and all tutorials it use that pack, if i add another version, it will works on that tutorials codes?
Probably.
and no slow down? i read some1, it can low down the pc
Any program, whether in JavaScript or something else that's running on a client PC, by definition slows down the PC for the duration it is running. How much exactly depends on your skills as a developer and the complexity of your code.The mere presence of jQuery or any library means a few KBs (the library itself) needs to be downloaded, and usually, during the time these KBs are being downloaded, the user can't see anything, in turn making the page appear to load slower. Once loaded though, there's no slow down until you start using it."Slow down" is a relative term... modern computers can handle large volumes of JavaScript without any noticeable delay. It's all a matter of cost-benefit analysis, and for the simplest of scenarios, the benefits greatly outweigh the negligible costs.

have you tried just going to the jquery website and looking up these questions for yourself? If you just read their documentation/FAQ, you could probably just get the answers for yourself. They include browser compatibility amongst their documentation, for example. If you are just starting out, you can probably just use the latest version.

You'll probably have to dig pretty deep to find something where all of the features work in a browser as old as IE5. Not many people put in the work that is required to support something that is barely used by anyone. Even support for IE6 is being phased out in a lot of things.

Archived