Help with website coding needed

chownsy

Hello and thank you all for letting me join your community. I have been using the tutorials to help me with baisc coding but most of my website I coded myself. I have not uploaded any of the content onto my hosting yet as I already have a live site and didnt want to effect that. Ive based all of the coding on HTML only and nothing more. On a 19" monitor it looks perfect, but as soon as i minimize it, change screen size or anything then it becomes all distorted. Would it be possible, if someone could take a look at the coding and tell me where I have gone wrong. It might mean i have to go with CSS to get style sheets and a more crisp, modern look to the website. Thank you very much for your time Richard

You should definitely get into CSS. HTML is just not enough to make a decent website. After all everything that has to do with a website's layout should be done with CSS.

HTML, is a markup language, used to describe data; while CSS is used to style HTML. Without CSS, HTML is nothing.
I wouldn't go that far. HTML existed long before CSS, and in fact proper HTML markup can a go a long way towards optimizing a sites CEO and for providing greater detail to screen readers and for accessibility in general.

Archived