2 Questions...

jessmolchan

Hi I have two quick questions about this page. First question is: my client is saying she can't see the damask background (black and grey)…I however, can see it on every browser I tried…including IE. Next question: the Facebook, twitter, and vimeo buttons I have in the top right corner are supposed to be in the main content area…in other words, their background is supposed to be black, and not the damask. I have attached my css sheet for reference. Thank you,~Jess :Bucktooth:

style.css

Background image shows up fine, when using position:absolute and you wish to position it relative to its parent container, you should use position:relative for the parent container, else it will position itself to the first parent element using position: relative OR the body/htrml elements, the outer edge of browser window.

#subHeader { position: relative;}

You didn't follow my instructions, with navlinks using position: absolute; it occupies no space, and other element will fill the void, you changed it to position: relative; so elements now make way for it, and move down. If you had kept it as position: absolute; right:0; top:0; and used what i suggested before,

#subHeader { position: relative;}

you would not have this problem.

Archived