Display Inline Issue (First Post)

alvo

Hi Everyone! This is my first post, so just wanted to say a quick hello as well. Im fairly novice with Web Development, it's basically a hobby and nothing more. Although I have a good understanding of many languages etc, I am self taught, so no doubt, I have picked up a lot of bad habits and practices. So the reason I have joined is to try and move into a more intermediate level. I live in the UK, just outside of Birmingham. Im 23, my real name is James. Hopefully that should be a little introduction without boring people too much. My question!! Im currently struggling with displaying elements inline, for instance creating two inline divs etc. I have tried using the float technique which, if using a wrapper, it is hard to control the height of the wrapper dependant on the contents of the div (does that make any sense?). I have also tried using the display:inline; css option, but as I'm sure many are aware this doesn't seem to work very well with older IE browsers (shame because I really like it). Currently the only option I can see that would work well on all browsers is using a table... Eek! I know... Bit a long post I know, but thanks for your help in advance!James

Archived