Whats the difference.....

divinedesigns1

hey what's up guys, how are you doing?my question for the day is , what is the difference between a commercial/cooperation website to a non-commerical website? does it matter if a business website be designed as a non-commercial website? does it stand out more? does it really have to be very light? does it always have to be plain? educate me please

• Like 4

There are no rules/guidelines just the imagination of the coder.

Business websites are intended to be appealing to the majority of the people because you want as many people to stay on the site as possible. Since people have such different tastes, strong colors are going to be more appealing to a smaller fraction of people (the people who like the particular set of colors). If a website has strong colors and shapes that a particular user does not like they will probably spend less time on the website. So a less flashy site will keep more people there for longer. In the case of a non-business site, or a very particular business, you can choose shapes and colors that are more particular to your target audience. For example, a site targeted towards a female audience can afford to have larger amounts of pink because there is hardly a loss in having a male audience leave the site.

business websites have to be design in a such way that it fullfills business goals.other than that basic design strategy is same design wise...business color scheme is generely be light and gentle oppose to personal websites. placements of the object is placed in such a manner that user tend to follow as you want. there is some design rules eg user eyes generaly goes dark to light,dull to bright colors, small to large object,familiar object shape to unfamiliar objects. you have to put the object conciously so that user will get the message what you want to pass and click those link what you want it to. you should not junked the page with unsceray links. as less links will be use will be less confused and will tend to click it. place the links which needs it. you have to plan everything. a good designer can make user do things that they wanted. it is basic rules. but designing is such a field where you can be creative above it.

thanks foxy and birbal, i was double checking because 1 person said a site i did was too dark, but they site was approve so im double guessing on recreating it to be a little lighter