wait function or something like that

madness

I need some wait function for javascript executed by firefox. I tried to use this

function pausecomp(ms) {ms += new Date().getTime();while (new Date() < ms){}}

but firefox freezes every time. After this I made something like

var a;for loop{a=0;   executing somethingdoSomething();}doSomething(){if (a!=1){		    a=1;		    var delay = Math.floor((Math.random()*5000)+1000);		    t=setTimeout("doSomething()",delay);	    }else		    return;}

but this do not work. It just execute FOR loop without any delay. I need something that enter random wait time in FOR loop.

The setTimeout won't stop the loop, it will just run a function after a specified amount of time after the setTimeout was called.

Simple - place the loop in the timeout:

var delay = Math.floor((Math.random()*5000)+1000);setTimeout(function() {    for (; {        //Executing something heavy    }}, delay);//Executing something light

I think this will also not help me. I have exactly this:

for (i=1;i<name.length-1;i++){win[i]=window.open(some link+i);}

If I put calling of first function in this topic, pausecomp function, into for loop all works fine, but freezes firefox. I need something to make pause between opening this windows, but windows need to have index of i.

Set different timeout times then... like

var win = [];function openWindow(i) {    win[i] = window.open(some link+i);}for (i=1;i<name.length-1;i++){    setTimeout(openWindow, 1000+(i*100), i);}

I don't think all browsers support the third parameter od the setTimeout function.This should fix it (I think):

setTimeout( function() { openWindow(i); }, 1000 + (i*100) );

If not, you'll need to attach the value of i to somewhere else.

I just need it for firefox. In for loop I have a link that is made from element of one series. While I enter elements, they are stored in one series. "i" is the index of every element so I need to open first window with link that have first element, second window that contains second element. In last robot post my windows are opening with delay but it opens "i" times with last element in series, since for pass all elements before any window is open.

You need to use something called a closure. Basically, what's happening is that by the time the setTimeout expires and the code runs, the loop is done and i is equal to whatever it was after the last iteration of the loop. This is why you are seeing the last element opening in each window. A closure prevents this by passing the state of 'i' into the setTimeout code. It should look something like this if my memory serves:

setTimeout( function(win) { return function() { openWindow(win); } }(i), 1000 + (i*100) );