createElement attributing

absorr

Usually, you just do:

element.attributeName = ...;

where attributeName is the name of the attribute you're trying to set. However, some are a little different. For example, to set the class attribute you'd do:

element.className

instead of just

element.class

Usually, you just do:
element.attributeName = ...;

where attributeName is the name of the attribute you're trying to set. However, some are a little different. For example, to set the class attribute you'd do:

element.className

instead of just

element.class

Technically, those aren't attributes. They're properties belonging to the DOM element. For most attributes defined by the W3C browsers create a property. If you want to access a non-standard attribute you will need to use the .getAttribute() method.

Technically, those aren't attributes. They're properties belonging to the DOM element...
Thats currect bro, but since those properties represent HTML element's attributes, i think it can also be called attributes (Just my own opinion).

Technically, those aren't attributes. They're properties belonging to the DOM element. For most attributes defined by the W3C browsers create a property. If you want to access a non-standard attribute you will need to use the .getAttribute() method.
True, but that is, AFAIK, the most reliable way to set attributes on an element created using document.createElement(). I thought there were some cross browser issues with setAttribute.

True, but that is, AFAIK, the most reliable way to set attributes on an element created using document.createElement(). I thought there were some cross browser issues with setAttribute.
The difference appears when attempting to use custom properties and attributes.If you set the property "custom" rather than setting attribute "custom" then, theoretically, it won't show up when printing out the innerHTML of the parent.If you hardcoded an attribute "custom" onto any particular element then, theoretically, you can only access its value using getAttribute(). The idea, anyways, is to know when to manipulate properties and when to manipulate attributes.