Combine index.html and insert.php?

eduard

To combine the insert.php + index.html do I have to make a new file (index.php) or can I add index.html to insert.php or v. v.?

You can do either, but it needs to be a PHP file if you want to run PHP code.
Thanks! But I cannot rename my index.html into index.php? And then I´ve to run it from my webserver? Edited by eduardlid

Guest So Called

Actually you can rename a .HTM or .HTML file to .PHP and it should work every time. The PHP processor starts out rendering .PHP files in HTML mode until it encounters <?php tag. But I have no idea what you're trying to do Eduard because you don't seem to ask very good questions. But don't worry, most people don't ask very good questions. The most common shortcoming is not providing sufficient information in the OP.

What do I have to write for form action because the html form amd insert.php`are in the index.php. So. insert.php is not possible!index.php?

Guest So Called
What do I have to write for form action because the html form amd insert.php`are in the index.php. So. insert.php is not possible!index.php?
You're still not asking the right question. You're telling us you want to combine two web pages. Okay: Copy a + b > c (or something like that) Tell us instead what you are trying to accomplish. Are you trying to display some data or something? From your database? I'm pretty near being done with attempting to answer questions of this type. Nobody but you knows what your insert.php file is. It's not like everybody has an insert.php on their site and like we could answer general questions about how to make insert.php work. Ask better questions.

You're still not asking the right question. You're telling us you want to combine two web pages. Okay: Copy a + b > c (or something like that) Tell us instead what you are trying to accomplish. Are you trying to display some data or something? From your database? I'm pretty near being done with attempting to answer questions of this type. Nobody but you knows what your insert.php file is. It's not like everybody has an insert.php on their site and like we could answer general questions about how to make insert.php work. Ask better questions.
Better questions? You gave the perfect thing I wanted to do! What else can I do with an index.html and a insert.php?

Better questions? You gave the perfect thing I wanted to do! What else can I do with an index.html and a insert.php?
Why do you need the content of my insert.php (I did that a while ago - it works!). It´s not necessary for the question!The reply of Ingolme is very clear to me! Edited by eduardlid

Guest So Called
The reply of Ingolme is very clear to me!
Good! I'm glad that Ingolme is so much more helpful than me. I'm putting him in charge of all your future support. :)

Good! I'm glad that Ingolme is so much more helpful than me. I'm putting him in charge of all your future support. :)
is that a promise or a threat ;)