Ie cannot display a simple page!

ConteRosso

i try to make a simple html code that is

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">	 <html>	 <head>	 <title>Volcano Web</title>	 </head>	 <!-- written for the Writing HTML Tutorial	 by Lorrie Lava, February 31, 1999	   -->	 <body>	 <p>In questa lezione userai la Rete per cercare	 informazioni sui vulcani e poi scrivere il tuo	 resoconto sui risultati.</p>	 </body>	 </html>

i open this file with opera, firefox an chrome and all it works correctlybut internet explorer notifies an error and refuses to load page Line: 19Error: Object doesn't support this action

• 2 weeks later...

I try to modify DOCTYPE like this... <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">but the problem with internet explorer still remains Navigation to the webpage was canceled :sorry:what's wrong with it? does anyone use ie for validation out here?

Line: 19Error: Object doesn't support this action
I don't understand why you would get this error as it related to a javascript error not plain html problem. What version IE are you using?, what are you using to create this page?, what are you saving it as? are you sure you are accessing the correct page and not some other by mistake, have you cleared the IE browsers cache or history.

well the problem occurs only with Internet Explorerwhich is the updated version: The eightI created the web page with just html codenothing as web editor and I saved as a. html fileI confirm with chrome, firefox or Opera is not the problemI'll try to clean up the cache with IE8, can be a problem with this version?

i used notepad of coursei cant understand your question... I saved it as .html file i added the html extension by hand update: i downloaded ie7 and it's okaythe problem at this point seems related with ie8does anyone got problems with it? P.s: thanks for helping me :)

When you save a file in notepad, where you enter file name, below that you have 'Save as type', below that there is also a dropdown for Encoding: usually set by default as ANSI, saving as this Encode type can also cause problems, that is why you should save html pages with the UTF-8 option from the list.

i dont know... my SO windows xp professional shows me four (4) alternativesbut i have got italian version and never as now I understand how badmaybe I should get english version 1) rich text format2) document text3) Ms dos text document format4) document UNICODE textshould i select the fourth option? UNICODE?there are no other specifications only UNICODE

should i select the fourth option? UNICODE?
yes.