stop and resume

BigD

I have a loop, each time through the loop I create a web page, pause for viewer to print using File > Print. When viewer presses enter I want to resume. How can this be done? A better way would be have a print button, when pressed it will print the web page. How can this be done?

It doesn't make sense to have PHP respond to user interaction like that on a web site, that's not how PHP works on a web server. If you want to build a desktop application with PHP then you can have it respond to user input, but that model doesn't make sense when a web server is involved. Javascript responds to user input, not PHP. You can use window.print in Javascript to show the print dialog.

• Like 1

I wouldn't have done it that way either, but I was unaware of the distinction as I've only used that php/js routine for debugging. I know better now. Thanks jsg.

What I plan to create is both for web server and desktop. Info are stored for a training school in MySQL DB, Students can check their records through web server. School administrators can do backend records update through desktop application. I thought most web sites operate like that. It has 2 sides. store front is for customers, backend is for store clerks. Am I incorrect?

When I refer to desktop software, I'm talking about a .exe file (for Windows anyway) that you double-click to run. That's not what PHP running on a web server is like for people accessing it through a browser. I've never created a compiled backend for my clients, they always log in through a browser to manage their site.