Problems getting Wampserver and PHP to work

chownsy

Hello all. Been away from working on my website for some time now but I have decieded now that I have a job which will start 1st October that I should get the site finished off. Im intending on coding a email form for the site but seem to be stuck installing and working with Wampserver and PHP-5.4.6. Wampserver says put PHP files into my \wamp\www location but when I do it does nothing and wampserver just stays offline and when going to localhost it goes oops nothing there on google chrome Please help as I know I need PHP installed before I can attempt to learn to code it. Its got to be something silly im doing but I cannot see it Thanks for taking the time to read this post. Richard

you must start the server before you use it.

Okay it seems to be working, PHP is all installed on wampserver and its online but still when i go to localhost or phpmyadmin it says missing link. Is that because I need to put the whole of my website into the www folder of Wampserver and then work with PHP as like a normal HTML page. I read the tutorial on installing PHP and it never mentions if you need all your own website on the server for it to work and wampserver mentions nothing either. I put the website on there anyway but didnt know if was in the right location. Also Im running it on a D drive instead of the regular C drive as C drive is my gaming SSD drive not my storage and main usage drive.

• 2 weeks later...