Anchor with image and text, I want the text below the image

thesoundsmith

Seems like it should be simple, but I can't make it work.in the header

a#btn1{position:absolute; left:10px;  top:610px; background:url(pix/radnxt.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; width:68px; height:68px;}

in the body:

<li><a id="btn1" class="button3" title="New Song" onclick="jwplayer(container).playlistNext();">New</a></li>

The text is centered on the image, I need it below. What am I missing?The page in question is at http://www.thesoundsmith.com/radiopg2.htm Thanks.

You probably have bigger fish to fry. The validator says your script has hundreds of errors.

Edited by niche

Hadn't checked since replacing the playlist. Here's THAT problem, if you know how to fix it, great: With the & in use, the link fails. Replace & with & and the proper linked page loads. Without it, ZenCart displays a page WITH THE PROPER URL, but no data beyond basic headers. The actual page data is not shown. I load the playlist via PHP, just for this sort of situation. I have switched it out for now to test, but unless someone has a solution to the ampersand wars, I'm stuck. There are now 2 errors, both in the javascript interaction, I'll deal with those separately - the ode works, so I'll clean it up when the rest is good. Now - I could just recreate the buttons with text already below, but I'd rather be able to restyle when needed.

Edited by The Soundsmith

As long as the link's background is the image, the link's text will be in front of the image somewhere. The easiest fix might be to put the text in a span, and use CSS to position the span relative to the link.

<a id="btn1" class="button3" title="New Song" onclick="jwplayer(container).playlistNext();"><span class="caption">New</span></a>

span.caption {   position: relative;   top: 68px;}

You might have to tweak the top value.

Edited by Deirdre's Dad

Thanks. I see the problem. It IS simpler just to incorporate the text into a larger image. Thanks.

Edited by The Soundsmith