Transparency

Springs_Goth

I know this topic has been raised before, and im truely sorry for repeating, problem is i cant find proper code for transparency.In my CSS studies, i was told about how you can make an image on a background transparent for certain color codes, and that the background will then be visible through that part which had the colors depicted in the transparency code. Man that was a mouth full.So can anyone help me, i have a logo, on a white background with images placed on the white canvas. The logo has an adress in the top right, and also a white background. Problem i need that white background to disappear, so i can show the main background but with the adress text on top of it... HELP???

ahh, you mean transparent GIFs, right?well, I am no graphics expert but in MS Paint if you save it as a GIF, then go to the Image menu and click Attributes.you can set the transparent color there.LG

No, but it can be done very easily in Microsoft Photo Editor.

ok, I made this image with paint:trans6bp.gifremember, it has to already be saved as a gif to work.oh, and some versions of paint (are there versions?) don't support this.LGEdit: yes it can Jonas. (nice avatar)

I'm using Paint Version 5.1 and open up a gif and don't see that option.I use Elements 3.0 so Paint doesn't get a look in anyway, just curious :)

Dunno if there are different version. If so, my version is MS Paint XP. :) Can you provide a screenshot of where you choose transparency please? :)

hey, scott, maybe you could give a link for how to get Elements 3.0 so that maybe virtualadz can try that.virtualadz, you probably are going to need to download a program to do it.LG

hey, scott, maybe you could give a link for how to get Elements 3.0 so that maybe virtualadz can try that.

I had to pay for it (Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0) :)
virtualadz, you probably are going to need to download a program to do it.LG

virtualadz?? do you mean Springs_Goth... They both have the same picture i think you've gotten mixed up lol :) You could download the GIMPThen try out this page: Saving images with transparency

I am not thinking right today! :) anyway, yes I did mean Springs_goth.I tried the GIMP, but for windows you must have to download some patch because it gave me an error message saying something like that.LG

If you have Microsoft Office 2000 or 2003, you can try using Microsoft Photo Editor, it's very simple to use with transparency. :)

Wait, What? I dont have the same pic as someone else do i?Ok, i cant post a screen shot, or show you the site. A) Its not up. B) its at home, and i come through here to work to go onto the net. (work 2 jobs)You have it almost correct, but i have heard about this through CSS. All other .gifs i have made in the past, even with transparent backgrounds come up with a white background, if not specified (black/green/pink/blue).Imagine a banner at the top (company logo/letterhead) on the right it has the company adress in blue with a specific font, that i HAVE to have there. Background of the logo is white. However, i have an image as a fixed background on the right. Its a guy standing with a globe, the real BG of the background, is white too. Now when viewed at 600x800 resolution, the guys head is covered by the logo. in 800x1024 its fine. but i need to cater for the 600res surfers. who dont want to see half a man. So i need to make this logo transparent, so the guys head shows through, even with the adress stamped on his head...Help you at all?~Sorry i can only reply every now and then, whilst i am at work

Ok, so the entire logo is an image? An image is always square, or partly transparent to look like another shape. If your logo image has a white background, you can't change that in css. You'll need an image manipulation program, a photo editor, to make parts of the logo image transparent.If your logo is just large text in a div, it should be possible to give the carrying element transparent color by using:background-color: transparent;