PayPal Buy-it-now Buttons?

davej

i have implemented paypal before on a site. Using their API, when you have your call ready and redirect the user to the paypal site to receive payment, the user has the option then to pay with or without signing in.

Edited by thescientist

A friend wants me to create a website where she can sell (attempt to sell?) her music, so I need a simple and inexpensive scheme to allow payments. I'm hoping this will work well enough. Thanks

Edited by davej

yes, you will probably want to look specifically into paypals support for digital downloads, unless she is planning on selling physical copies of the music. also, here's my implementation in action. clicking a product will allow you to add to cart. once items are in the cart, you should see the paypal button appear.http://www.1000-bc.com/products.php

also, here's my implementation in action. clicking a product will allow you to add to cart. once items are in the cart, you should see the paypal button appear.http://www.1000-bc.com/products.php
Interesting. In Firefox I do see a few icons on the left floating a bit higher than where they should be. Also the 'close' button for the magnifier was off my window so I didn't see it. I'm disappointed that they will accept a credit card from a non-member if the person simultaneously creates a Paypal account. I think some people dislike Paypal and would not want to create an account.

??? You don't have to sign up for Paypal account it is optional, You continue on to another page to complete payment where it should show details of your purchase from the website.
I don't see that. On the top level I am presented with two options: "Pay with my PayPal account" or "Pay with debit or credit card or Bill me later" and then after selecting the latter option the next page I am offered says: "Pay with my PayPal account" or "Create a PayPal account."

Sorry i don't see that, i see what you have mentioned, the item you wish to pay for is decribed with price 'your order summary', you fill in credit/debit card details address etc which PayPal will store as mentioned at bottom, and if these details validate the payment is processed without paypal registration.

So for you the button at the bottom of the second page does not say "Agree and Create Account?" Could the selected country perhaps have an effect on the button title?

Edited by davej

• 1 month later...
yes, you will probably want to look specifically into paypals support for digital downloads, unless she is planning on selling physical copies of the music. also, here's my implementation in action. clicking a product will allow you to add to cart. once items are in the cart, you should see the paypal button appear.http://www.1000-bc.com/products.php
how did you get to display the number of items? im having problems with that one *sorry for jumping on your topic davej*

I handle the entire thing client side (i.e. the cart addition/subtraction) until the user submits the order by clicking the paypal button, at which point a server side request is made to a Paypal API wrapper class I made to handle the request URL generation according to the Paypal API specs. (i believe my API returns the needed URL to redirect to, and the success callback just assigns the value to window.location.href on the client side) the actual number just comes from cart.length, where cart is an array of items the user has "add(ed) to cart".

Edited by thescientist

the actual number just comes from cart.length, where cart is an array of items the user has "add(ed) to cart".
ok now ik where i need to get that value from, thanks