removing table names

terrys

Hi,

This is my first post, so be gentle with me.

I am new to Mysql and Phpmyadmin. I have created a database and several tables within it (Just tutorials). However when iI dropped the tables .....and the database, The dropdown menu on the left side of PhpMyadimn entitled "Recent tables" still shows the names of my dropped tables, despite the fact they dont exist.

How can I remove these names without reinstalling PhpMyadmin?

That's a phpmyadmin question. If you attempt a query on the questionable table and it fails, it's gone. You might try restarting your system.

I'd do a chkdsk on the relevant drive. Then, if still needed, I'd post your question at the phpmyadmin forum, and continue to use it in the meantime. if there's a problem, use will probably make it worse. A reinstall may be necessary.

BTW, everything you can do with phpmyadmin you can do with code. For example, you can test the supposedly dropped db with this script:

$show_all_tables = mysql_query("show tables from yourDBhere") or die(mysql_error());echo mysql_num_rows($show_all_tables);

You'll need to put your connect script before this snippet. This will help you trouble shot the real problem. You'll probably get a message that your db doesn't exist. That will put you a step closer to a reinstall

Don't be discouraged. We all go through something like this periodically. I had a bout yesterday. Coding is easier than you might think so don't get discouraged.

Coding is the new literacy. Reading, writing, math, and coding.

Edited by niche

The list that phpMyAdmin shows isn't a list of actual tables, it's just a list of things you looked at which may or may not exist. Just because they are listed there doesn't mean those tables still exist, it's just a lookup list for phpMyAdmin. I believe it stores that list in a cookie, you can delete your cookies for phpMyAdmin if you want to.