How to make a Login page?

katia

I have to make photo sharing a web page. I can only use client-side JavaScript and HTML (for didactical reasons), all the information about users and the photos are in folders and files and not in a database.Since I'me very new to this I want to know how to create a login page? Does every user have their own web page with their information? Or can I create the pages dynamicaly , at the moment they log in ,depending on the information I have about the users?

+1, use of "didactical"Creating a client-side authentication system is no easy task, it requires an advanced knowledge of Javascript to be able to sign in and send an authentication request back to the server (probably through XMLRPC or something), in addition to updating a cookie or whatever you need to do to keep track of who is logged in. It might be possible, but it's not at all practical when a server-side setup can be done much easier, and client-side authentication is not even remotely secure.If this is an assignment, some sort of proof-of-concept thing, then I might suggest that your teacher is going a little overboard, because in reality you would never want to use something like this. The fact that you've only found one example after "a lot of searching" should tell you that.