So, I'm new to HTML...

zcr7

And I'm getting the hang of it thanks to your site. But, there is one thing I can do. I insert a poll/picture/text html on my site and it defaulty appears in the high left corner. How do I move things to a area?

And I'm getting the hang of it thanks to your site. But, there is one thing I can do. I insert a poll/picture/text html on my site and it defaulty appears in the high left corner. How do I move things to a area?

Can you post some code or give us a link to your site?You can use css to position elements where you want them: http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_positioning.asp

Are you doing html coding or are you using a build your site here we'll make the html for you things. You can't make a working poll out of Html. Well I suppose you probably capy and pasted which is ok. anyhow jusat put it in a div.heres some html

<div id="somthing"><!--poll code--></div>

and heres the css

#somthing{position:absolute;left: pixels the div is from the lefttop: pixels for how far fromn the top it is}

You won't understand all of this and you shouldn't yet. try reading the Css tutorial to learn about itFixed BBcode.

Edited by Jonas

It can be done with the classname refering to stylesheet statements like snowboard01 said, with the use of an inline style attribute, or by the depreciated styling elements/attributes.

<div class="common_name_here">something</div>or<div id="unique_name_here">something</div>
<div style="positioning things here">something</div>
<center>something</center>or<div align="center">something</div>

"something" is everything you wish to be centered in this case :)I recommend using the first thing, the stylesheet. But you'd experience your preference after you've done them all, feel free to do what you want :blink:As for the stylesheet, it can be in- or external. Internal means it is defined (written) in the document, and when external it means that the stylesheet has its own document, that is linked, or targeted at, the main document. A stylesheet gives you overall controll of the layout, so you can edit the statements for all elements that have the same style, without editing them all one by one.The inline style means you can apply style to each element individually, but you'd have to edit one by one to have them all changed.The depreciated is self explanatory, :)You should actually not use it, but it may if you want, noone forces you anything :) Most of the depreciated "presentation elements" are not allowed in strict documents, like HTML 4.1 and XHTML (strict) 1.0+. They would be if you'd use lower versions of the doctype, but that is advanced so don't worry :blink: Examples of presentation elements (there are presentation attributes too) are:

<b>, <u>, <i>, <s>, <font>, <center>
Edited by Dan The Prof

I'm so sorry, I'm annoying, so, I want to attempt to do CSS Stylesheet, but, is there a link to learn this stuff, I have a code for a poll, and I want it to be to the right of my website.

Go and see the CSS tutorial :)http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.aspAnd to link to such stylesheet, go here:http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_link.asp(use <link /> with attribute "rel" with value "stylesheet", also see the example here)

Edited by Dan The Prof